mnemonic is the Nordic region’s leading IT and information security company, offering a unique combination of services and solutions. mnemonic currently has more than 250 employees, and we are rapidly growing both in Norway and internationally. For the ninth consecutive year, we are ranked as one of Norway’s and Europe’s best workplaces by Great Place to Work. The last two years we’ve won our category!
We are working side by side some of Europe’s most important organisations in the fight against cyber attacks, and we are actively participating in reputable research programs both in Europe and globally. mnemonic is also a trusted source of threat intelligence information to Europol and other international law enforcement agencies.
At mnemonic we work with a broad range of information security disciplines. Be it, security monitoring and MDR, pentesting, system integration, leading specialists within security appliances, GRC, incident response, technical risk assessments, and many more.
We are now seeking more people to strengthen our cross-departmental security architecture team.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced candidates who combine technical expertise and academic dedication with business understanding and communication skills. You have worked for a while with security or within related disciplines, and want to develop your professional profile further and become a trusted advisor within the security profession.
Maybe you have already worked with security for a number of years? Or perhaps you’re already working as a security architect? You can also be a sysadmin or network engineer with experience from complex IT environments, a technical architect who has worked with security in major development projects, or a security analyst that solves "Capture the Flag" competitions as a hobby. In short, you understand how technology works, you pick things apart and put them back together afterwards, and work hands-on to solve demanding problems in creative ways.
Tasks and responsibilities
Help our customers to:
- Implement Enterprise Security Architecture that:
- enable and support their business goals,
- are risk-based and focus on the actual threats that can damage their ability to achieve their business goals,
- establish the appropriate controls to mitigate their specific risks
- Optimise their security investment using mnemonic Enterprise Security Architecture (mESA) framework
- Demonstrate the value of their security initiatives to internal stakeholders, aligned with the organisation’s security strategy
- Define the adequate security level that the organisation should achieve to demonstrate sound security to external stakeholders
Experience and qualifications
We are looking for someone that recognise themselves in some of the following descriptions:
- Has knowledge of security architecture concepts and enterprise architecture reference models (e.g. SABSA, Zachman)
- Has experience from solution design
- Has strong knowledge of security technologies and concepts
- Has knowledge of secure cloud computing principles (e.g. CSA Guideline, AWS Well-Architected, Microsoft Azure Well-Architected)
- Has knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and network security architecture
- Has knowledge of secure coding practices (e.g OWASP) and agile principles as DevOps
- Has knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles
- Has knowledge of key industry standards such as NIST Cyber Security Framework, Critical Security Controls (CSC), ISO27000-series, NIST 800-53, etc.
- Can clearly communicate complex technical information
- Understand business needs and scenario-based risk assessments
- Has strong English and Norwegian verbal and written communications skills
- SABSA Chartered Security Architect
- SANS SEC530: Defensible Architecture and Engineering
- SANS SEC545: Cloud Security Architecture and Operations
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- CCSK, CCSP
- Other relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT
What we can offer
- An environment focusing on professional development and continuous learning, training and gaining new certifications
- A unique and experienced workplace with more than 200 security specialists working on some of the most challenging and exciting problems within information security
- Competitive terms including a collective bonus scheme for all employees
- A solid and profitable corporate economy providing resources for development and innovation
- For the past nine years, mnemonic has been ranked among Norway’s and Europe’s best workplaces by Great Place to Work. The last two years we’ve won our category!
How do I apply?
Email us at and write “SEC-ARCH” in the subject field. Add a text about why you are right for the job, and your CV.
If you have publications or other works that you think represents your technical skills or ability to communicate in Norwegian or English, please attach or refer to these as well.
We use Semac AS for background checks in our recruitment process. It is an advantage if you qualify for a Norwegian security clearance.