mnemonic is yet again identified as a notable vendor in Gartner’s latest "Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services, Worldwide" for the European market.
Among other things, the report highlights mnemonic’s proprietary technology, the Argus Managed Defence platform, our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) offering, and our advanced threat defence for Industrial Control Systems, the Argus ICS Defender.
Erik Alexander Løkken, Head of mnemonic’s Managed Security Services, is pleased that Gartner is yet again recognising mnemonic:
“We’re seeing a rapid increase in the demand for high-end managed services all over Europe. Companies are overwhelmed with the volume of threats they are facing on a daily basis, and simply have too few resources to keep up with the rapidly changing threat landscape”, he states. “Our role is to detect and respond to threats for our customers so they can focus on the actual threats, and more importantly, focus on their business."
In this year’s Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services, Gartner describes a market that struggles with, and continues to adapt to challenges such as growing hostile external landscapes and the lack of talent and expertise in security. The market is described as mature, and mostly consisting of a mix of pure-play security service providers and providers whose core business is often not security-focused, working to mature and expand their offerings to meet changing market demands.
Some of the most important market trends reported in this year’s Magic Quadrant include:
- Increased adoption of core security capabilities on previously weak investment areas such as vulnerability management, threat intelligence and incident response.
- Monitoring more than on-premises technologies, as more companies adopt SaaS and IaaS.
- Direct response to security events and issues, and adoption of emerging technologies, like SOAR.
In the Europe Context of the report, Gartner highlights that there are major considerations for buyers in the European market that differs for customers based in other regions. These include regional customer emphasis on aspects such as trust, language and residency.
- Read more about Gartner’s evaluation of the MSSP market both in Europe and Worldwide, as well as mnemonic’s markup in this year’s Magic Quadrant (Gartner login required)
- Learn about mnemonic's Managed Detection and Response Services and download Gartner's Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response Services
Europe Context: 'Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services, Worldwide', 2019. Pete Shoard, Mitchell Schneider, 2 May 2019.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.