mnemonic is the Nordic region’s leading IT and information security company, offering a unique combination of services and solutions. mnemonic currently has more than 200 employees, and we are rapidly growing both in Norway and internationally. For the eight consecutive year, we are ranked as one of Norway’s and Europe’s best workplaces by Great Place to Work. The last two years we’ve won our category!
We are working side by side some of Europe’s most important organisations in the fight against cyber attacks, and we are actively participating in reputable research programs both in Europe and globally. mnemonic is also a trusted source of threat intelligence information to Europol and other international law enforcement agencies.
About mnemonic Security Services (MSS)
mnemonic's MSS department delivers our market-leading security monitoring service, based on our proprietary platform Argus.
Our network of IDS sensors, other log sources and listening points is the largest in the Nordic region. By compiling information from this network with several external information sources, we get a unique understanding of the local and global threat landscape.
This department is now looking for more people to contribute with security analysis for our 24/7 services. The positions are part-time (around 40%).
About the SOC Trainee Program
As a trainee at our Security Operations Center, you undergo extensive training in network and log analysis, threat intelligenec, as well as in-house developed and commercial tools for security analysis. The training runs over a long period together with experienced analysts and is adapted to the individual trainee's field of interest and level of knowledge.
As a SOC trainee, you get to work on tasks from real data sets, sessions and use a variety of tools and systems. You will always work together with experienced analysts who can provide guidance during your work. We can promise the work will be challenging and that this is an exciting experience that will leave you with a unique expertise.
Many of our former SOC trainees have moved into full-time positions with us over time, in expert roles in disciplines such as security analysis, threat intelligence, incident management, risk analysis, penetration testing, security architecture and development.
The position works well as a part-time job in combination with studies.
- Analysis of security incidents primarily in the evenings, nights and on weekends. Some daytime work must also be expected
- Health monitoring and follow-up of our operating systems
Desired experience and qualifications
- Highly motivated to work with information security. We are looking for candidates who want to establish and further develop a unique expertise in security analysis
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English, both verbally and in writing
- Desire for an interesting part-time job during IT studies
- Commitment, good results and references
- Independent, professionally curious and willing to learn
- Interest in networks and security
What can we offer?
- Focus on professional development and continuous training
- A unique and experienced work environment, with over 200+ security specialists who daily work with some of the most exciting professional challenges within the information security field
- Competitive terms
- Place of work close to the city center and in new offices in Oslo
- A solid and profitable corporate economy that provides resources for development and innovation
- Focus on well-being and social events
- For the past eight years, mnemonic has been ranked among Norway’s and Europe’s best workplaces by Great Place to Work. The last two years we’ve won our category!
We use Semac AS for background checks in our recruitment process. It is an advantage if you qualify for a Norwegian security clearance.
How do I apply?
Send a cover letter, formal application, CV and transcripts from the equivalent to upper secondary school (VGS) and higher education in PDF formats to . Include the tag "MSS SOC part-time" in the subject field of your email.
Application deadline: October 17th 2021.
Applications are processed continuously.