mnemonic is the Nordic region’s leading IT and information security company, offering a unique combination of services and solutions. mnemonic currently has more than 200 employees, and we are rapidly growing both in Norway and internationally. For the eight consecutive year, we are ranked as one of Norway’s and Europe’s best workplaces by Great Place to Work. The last two years we’ve won our category!
We are working side by side some of Europe’s most important organisations in the fight against cyber attacks, and we are actively participating in reputable research programs both in Europe and globally. mnemonic is also a trusted source of threat intelligence information to Europol and other international law enforcement agencies.
About mnemonic System Integration (MSI)
MSI is responsible for protecting services and applications vital for our society. We make our customers’ services and systems resistant against cyber-attacks and at the same time ensure operational availability.
We work with all areas of system integration, specialising in cyber security. Our customers trust us to design, implement and manage protections for their most critical assets, and focus their attention on the correct cyber security controls and products. We take this task seriously and spend a lot of time investigating and learning about our customers' infrastructure and needs.
MSI is a consulting department working long-term with customers, aiming to be a trusted advisor where it really matters. This helps us complement customers’ security architecture with relevant and cost-effective controls. Our developer team also helps our customers’ individual systems speak and work together. In addition, we work with training, system reviews and project support both in Norway and internationally. We also operate a network operations center (NOC).
Cyber Security Operator
We are looking to expand our NOC team with more part-time (40% or more) Cyber Security Operators.
This is a great starting point for a career in cyber security, and a unique opportunity to jump right into the middle of the action!
As a Cyber Security Operator you will help manage, develop and support network security solution for our customers, both in the cloud and in data centers. Our customers are among Norway’s largest and most well-known companies and organisations, in both private and public sector.
Many of our former NOC trainees have moved on to full-time positions within mnemonic. They now work in expert roles in disciplines such as system integration, threat intelligence, blue team defenders, security architects, product experts, incident managers and developers.
The position works well as a part-time job in combination with studies.
Tasks and responsibilities
You will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of tasks, such as:
- Qualify and execute security policy and configuration changes
- Follow-up problems and questions with security product vendors
- Handle live issues with the rest of the NOC team and customers, including troubleshooting and follow-up
- Contribute to the improvement of internal systems and further development of mnemonic’s services (like automation of work tasks and systems)
- Contribute to customer projects, like revision of security policies, migrating systems, set up new functionality and security solutions
- Participate in internal and external training relating to security products relevant for our services
- Configuration and maintenance of security products in our lab environment
Experience and qualifications
We are looking for someone that:
- Is highly motivated to work with information security and service deliveries
- Has the ability to work independently with complex tasks, be self-driven and take initiative
- Is service minded and able to communicate professionally with customers
- Has the ability to clearly communicate complex technical information, verbally and in writing
- Communicates well in both Norwegian and English
- Seeks professional development and wants to become an expert in his or her field
- Is able to remain calm in stressful situations
If we seem like an interesting workplace, but our current vacancies are too specific for your profile, you are welcome to submit an open application.
What we can offer
- A work environment focusing on professional development and continuous learning, training and gaining new skills and certifications
- A unique and experienced workplace with 200+ security specialists working on some of the most challenging and exciting problems within information security
- A solid and profitable corporate economy providing resources for development and innovation
- For the past eight years, Great Place to Work have ranked mnemonic among Norway´s and Europe’s best workplaces
We use Semac AS for background checks in our recruitment process. It is an advantage if you qualify for a Norwegian security clearance.
How do I apply?
Send a cover letter, formal application, CV and transcripts from the equivalent to high school/upper secondary school (VGS) and higher education in PDF formats to . Include the tag "NOC trainee" in the subject field of your email.
Application deadline is 1st of June. Applications will be processed and answered as we receive them.